Embark on a 4-mile round-trip paddle to the famous Congress Avenue Bridge and get picture-perfect views of over 1.5 million bats flying overhead on this kayaking trip on Lady Bird Lake. Learn about the history and migration of the Mexican free-tailed bats from your guide. Start your adventure by gearing up with a life jacket, then set out on the water with your own premium kayak and paddles. Follow alongside your guide as you take in the natural beauty of the lake and surrounding area. As you paddle, learn more about Austin’s prominent architecture across the skyline, the Austin power plant, Auditorium Shores, the history of Congress Avenue Bridge, and more.
- Experience the thrill of looking up at over a million bats flying over you
- Learn more about Austin’s history and architecture while taking in the sights
- Marvel at Austin’s scenic cityscape from the calm waters of Lady Bird Lake
- Immerse yourself in the Austin’s lush greenery and the sounds of wildlife
- Enjoy a safe adventure with life jackets and high-end kayaking gear
Discover more exciting & fun things to do in Austin.