Your Cruise Is All Inclusive
- The price includes your stateroom, entertainment, meals (except in specialty restaurants), beverages (except soda and alcohol), gratuities, government taxes & fees, port charges and shuttle service between the airport and pier.
- Airport transfers from the airport to the pier; hotel to the pier
- Unlimited food; 11 restaurants (not including specialty restaurants)
- 7 Days/7 Nights
Concerts and Entertainment
- Over 60 Performers Last Year
- Major Concerts on the Pool Deck
- Music Theater Performances
- Intimate Lounge Acts
- DJs, comedians
- Daily fitness classes for all
- Morning Devotion
- Empowering seminars
- Basketball tournament
- Beach party (with food, games and contesting)
- Celebrity led excursions
- Autograph signings
- Sybil’s book club
- Sip N Sketch
- Spoken Word
- Poker and slot tournaments
- Celebrity Chef cooking demos and challenges
- Art Auction
- Pool deck – concert, parities and activities
- Casting calls
- Theme Nights
- Represent Night
- Mardi Gras
- White Night
- Formal Night
- Pajama Night
- And More
- Major Concerts
- Comedy Shows
- Lounge Acts
- After Party… That takes you to the next morning
- Your stateroom, featuring the Carnival Comfort Bed Collection and nightly turndown service… additional stateroom features include a television, in-stateroom safe, individual climate control, full bathroom and ample storage space.
- Numerous lounges
- Fitness center
- Pool, whirlpools
- A variety of dining options for breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and late night in the Main Dining Room and/or Lido Restaurant.
- A variety of dining options for breakfast, lunch and snacking at specialty food spots (featured on select ships), such as but not limited to: Guy’s Burger Joint, Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse, BlueIguana Cantina, Mongolian Wok, the Taste Bar, Sea Dogs, Fat Jimmy’s Seaside BBQ and Lanai Oceanside BBQ
- 24-hour soft serve ice cream and frozen yogurt
- 24-hour Room Service (excluding specialty items)
- The following beverages served in the Main Dining Room and 24/7 in the Lido Restaurant: non-bottled water, lemonade, unsweetened iced tea, hot chocolate and non-specialty coffee and tea
The following services are NOT included in the cruise price:
- Dining in specialty restaurants and snacking at cafes and lounges (featured on select ships),
- Specialty items on our 24-hour Room Service menu
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding non-bottled water, lemonade, unsweetened iced tea, hot chocolate and non-specialty coffee and tea served in the Main Dining Room and Lido Restaurant)
- Gift Shop purchases
- Spa treatments, Salon services, and select fitness classes
- Gambling in the casino and Bingo
- Shore Excursions
- Internet access and ‘chat’ option on the HUB app (app available on select ships)
- Use of your smartphone
- Ship-to-Shore telephone calls
- Medical services
- Laundry services (valet or self-service)
Your cabin purchase benefits The Tom Joyner Foundation, and a portion of your cabin purchase may qualify as a charitable contribution. Please consult with your tax advisor for details.
Question: How do I submit a proposal to host an activity/fitness/seminar on the Tom Joyner Foundation Fantastic Voyage cruise?
Proposals must be submitted by using the following link: click here
April 29 – May 6, 2018 – Leaving out of Galveston, Texas
Ports: Cozumel, Mexico | Montego Bay, Jamaica
***DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS DECEMBER 18, 2017. REPLIES WILL BE SENT OUT NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 7, 2018.
1.Question: What is the name of the Cruise Ship?
Answer: The Carnival Breeze®
2. Question: What is included in the Cruise rate?
Answer: The price includes your stateroom, entertainment, meals (except in specialty restaurants), beverages (except soda and alcohol), gratuities, government taxes & fees, port charges and shuttle service between the airport and pier.
Port charges include but are not limited to: (i) taxes/fees assessed by governmental and other agencies; (ii) cost incidental to entering/leaving ports such as pilotage; (iii) costs incurred while in port.
The cruise vacation price does not include air transportation, shore excursions, telephone calls, Internet service, photographs, soda or alcoholic beverages, gratuities on drinks and in specialty restaurants, medical services, gift shop or souvenir purchases, beauty/barber/massage services and gambling/casino fees.
3. Question: Is airfare included in the cost of the cruise?
Answer: No, airline tickets are purchased separately and are not included in the price of the cruise.
4. Question: Into which airport should I fly?
Answer: Either the George Bush International Airport (IAH) or Hobby International Airport (HOU) are the choice airports for the 2018 Tom Joyner Foundation Fantastic Voyage. Complimentary shuttles will be provided on April 29, 2018 and May 6, 2018 to and from the airport and the Port of Galveston. Hobby International Airport is closest in proximity to the Port of Galveston being about 42 miles or a 30-minute ride.
5. Question: When should I plan to arrive to and depart from for the cruise?
Answer: Arrival -Please plan to make your arrival on the date of sail no later than 12pm.
Departure- Due to potential weather issues, we recommend that you make flight reservations for after 1pm on the day of departure.
6. Question: Is transportation available from the airport to the pier? Do you need my flight itinerary?
Answer: Yes, we have planned for transportation from both the George Bush International Airport (IAH) or Hobby International Airport (HOU) to be available on the sail date for designated hours. More details will be sent out with your cruise documents and through guest communications leading up to the sail date.
7. Question: What types of payments will be accepted?
Answer: Credit cards (MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover), personal check, cashier’s check, or money order.
8. Question: What happens if I am not able to make the cruise once I have paid?
Answer: Troubles can occur when you least anticipate them forcing you to cancel or interrupt your trip, lose your vacation investment, and incur unplanned expenses. We strongly encourage you to consider the purchase of travel insurance from a national insurer such as Travel Guard (800-826-4919, reference number 98362) (or type “travel insurance” into a search engine). We earn no fees from travel insurance. Insurers usually require the purchase of coverage to occur near the date of booking.
9. Question: What is accepted as valid proof of citizenship for a United States citizen?
Answer: A current passport is mandatory, as it will speed up your embarkation check-in as well as your debarkation formalities with government officials. A voter registration card or Social Security Card is not considered to be proof of citizenship. Visas are not required for U.S. citizens.
10. Question: Can I get Internet access aboard the ship?
Answer: There is internet aboard the ship. Internet access is billed at rates established by Carnival. You can visit their website for correct rate information.
11. Question: How are onboard purchases charged?
Answer: Carnival accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover®, American Express, Diner’s, JCB (Japanese Credit Bureau), Carnival MasterCard with FunPoints®, VISA and MasterCard Prepaid Gift Card and cash for a deposit on your account.
Sail & Sign is Carnival’s on board cashless credit program, which allows you to charge all your services, gratuities and purchases during your cruise to your stateroom. All locations on board will accept your Sail & Sign card for payment; the casino will also accept cash. A credit card or cash deposit is needed to establish your personal on board account.
12. Question: What if I need to cancel my trip?
Answer: Knowing that unforeseen situations may present themselves to our guests, we do offer a procedure for cancelling your cruise. Cancellation requests must be received in writing. We make a great commitment in bringing such a luxurious cruise to our guests and, therefore, the deposit of $500 per person is non-refundable regardless of circumstances. However, the balance of your cruise commitment is refundable at declining percentages the closer to the sailing date (refer to the Fantastic Voyage website for specific percentages). In fairness to our passengers that purchase travel insurance, we strictly abide by this Transfer, Cancellation, and Refund Policy regardless of personal circumstances or circumstances beyond your control that prevent or delay your participation.
Locations & Map
Carnival Breeze Cruise Ship
Visited 71 times, 8 Visits today