Escape the hustle and bustle of the city on this guided kayaking trip to Red Bud Isle. This enjoyable, hyper-natural tour heads west, away from the city, and around Austin’s Red Bud Isle and back. Spot limestone bluffs, greenery, and wildlife everywhere you look. After meeting your guide at Rowing Dock, start your adventure by gearing up with a life jacket and your own premium kayak and paddles. Follow alongside your guide to the city’s secret spring, where you’ll witness a natural spring and oasis that is relatively undiscovered, even by many locals. Your guide will share a historical perspective on the greater Colorado River and the immense watershed that Lady Bird Lake is a part of. They’ll also touch on the Highland Lakes Chain and how this series of dams and reservoirs has changed and revolutionized the region. Before heading back to Rowing Dock, take a break at Red Bud Isle to rest and eat (food not included).
- Inspire your inner nature-loving side as you explore Austin’s natural beauty
- Spend the day surrounded by limestone, greenery, water, and wildlife
- Feel refreshed by the crystal-clear waters as you paddle down the river
- Immerse yourself in the Austin’s lush greenery and the sounds of local wildlife
- Enjoy a safe adventure with life jackets and top-notch kayaking gear
Discover more exciting & fun things to do in Austin.